november 05, 2012

Find out more about Mika for Mini & Maximus


MIMA AND MIKA ART COLLAB

We did an art contest last year with the Girls and Boys Club of Laguna Beach.  Australian, 5 year old Mika was one of the winners.  We loved her graphics so much that we included a bunch of them in our Fall collection “Animal Collective”.  Above:  Mika surrounded by some of her creations.  Photo: Minor Detales Blog


Some Q&A with talented Mika
Name: Mika Derby
Age: 5
From: Australia
What is your favorite thing to draw?
My favorite thing to draw is unicorns and dinosaurs and butterflies and hairy monsters that are cheeky.
How do you get the ideas of what to draw?
Sometimes I see something I like around me and I try to draw that or something just pop into my head and then I draw that.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
I would like to make monsters like my dad does on the computer.
What do you think would be the coolest thing to print on a tee shirt?
A bear biking
What is one thing that you wish you could do but can’t because you are a kid?
To stay up late!
What is your favorite thing to do?
Playing, I do a lot of playing and drawing and swimming in the ocean.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Japan, because that is where Totoro comes from.
**Her mom Annica has a really cool blog called Minor Detales where you can check out more photos of Mika

Please also see > This video of Mika busy sketching for Mini & Maximus  on Vimeo


Are you the new kid artist for the next Mini & Maximus collection ! ?
Submit your art on
http://miniandmaximus.com/mima/submit/
and may be your sketches will be picked, just as Mika ...

Geen opmerkingen: