april 16, 2013

Interview with Cassandra Rhodin by Mini Rodini


Mini Rodini - Differently simple

Their goal is actually not to be different, but to design modern children's clothes. However you can see from afar that there comes a Mini Rodini kid: this certain humor in design, this remaining high quality. What is the secret of the Mini Rodini success? What's their inspiration? Founder Cassandra Rhodin explains it very naturally. Of a Swedish brand that grows sustainably...

When did you start your label?
I started Mini Rodini in 2006 when I became a mother myself and I realized that there were little clothes on the market that I would want to buy for my own children. I couldn’t even find simple solid colored clothes for him in organic cotton. So I started my own label.

What was the inspiration for the current collection?
I was inspired by Love Boat and Captain Cousteau. The designs are sustainable, in high quality and very quirky design in the true spirit of Mini Rodini!

Is there something you would never dress children in?
I think almost anything could be okay depending on how you wear it.


What is the Mini Rodini secret of success?
We create clothes that parents want to dress their kids in and that kids love to wear.


What was your favorite piece of clothing as a child?
It was a blue sailor hat, similar to the one we have in our collection right now. I had it every day for about two,three years between 7 and 9, then I gave it to a friend.

Do you have children yourself?
Yes, I have two kids. Don-Louie, 7 years and Zed, 10 years.


How fashion-oriented are they?
They love clothes, but they are very political and wouldn’t wear things that are not produced in a sustainable way.


What's the biggest Mini Rodini dream?
World peace of course :)

Please complete this sentence: Fashion for kids should...
…be ethically produced, comfortable, and without harmful chemicals.



For original post, see > www.kidswear-department.com/mini_rodini

To shop Mini Rodini at Orange Mayonnaise , see > www.orangemayonnaise.com/en/webshop/mini-rodini


Geen opmerkingen: