september 19, 2013

Read more about ...


FILEMON KID AW13 + INTERVIEW WITH THE OWNER

Filemon Kid AW13. The second collection and yes, I adore those soft sweat and jersy garments in beautiful colours, with bold and graphical prints. Filemon Kid is impulsive, playful and offers simple designs with unexpected touches.
Sara Cambladh, the owner, values the environment and the playfulness of children. All the clothes are made with 100% organic cotton and all prints are dyed with natural water based ink.
Below you see my favorite piece, the onesie Raccoon Black! Oh I wish it would come in bigger sizes! Maybe one day… ?! Sara?! For now Filemon Kid is available in the sizes 0-7 years old.
Filemon Kid AW13 collection
This winter Filemon Kid has something new, the reversible sweater. Love the zebra print one. On one side a zebra and on the other side zebra print! Very clever and fun.
Reversible zebra print
Sara agreed to an interview and these are the questions I asked her! Merci Sara!
How would you describe your brand?
Comfortable, colorful, cute and cool.
What lead you to working with fashion?
I (like most women) have a thing for shoes. I worked as a shoedesigner for seven years, then life catched up on me. Having children got me to re-value life and get other perspectives. I have always loved to make illustrations and pairing that up with my new found interest of childrens clothing was the birth of Filemon Kid.
How do you define your own personal style?
Right now? Boring.. But I love sculptural silouettet and nice cuts and tend (unfortunately) to go for black. If you gave me the whole Balenciaga FW13 collection I would be quite happy.
Who has been your biggest fashion influence?
I don’t feel that I have one single influence. I really get inspired of people who has a personal style that hasn’t been dictated. I love finding inspiration in nature, illustrations and architecture
What’s the biggest highlight of your career until now?
When the first Filemon Kid collection finally reached the warehouse, four months later than expected. It sounds silly but I had to work so hard to get those garments home. When they finally got here I was so proud and so happy.
What do you find most rewarding, and most challenging about your job?
The most rewarding is of course when you meet some one who likes the garments! You can not beat that feeling. The most challenging is to get resellers to take a chance on a pretty unknown brand. I understand their situation because there are so many good brands! But it sometimes get frustrating when people in the USA or Australia send me e-mails and want to know where to buy the garments and I can not help them.
What is yourf avorite item from your AW13 line?
It varies! I like the llustrations on ther Grasshopper sweatshirts. The reversible Zebra sweatshirt is really popular so I of course like that one :) And the Onesies are just a perfect and easy type of garment, my daughter Sonja lives in hers.
What do you like and dislike about the fashion industry?
I love fashion but I absolutely hate the expression “So last season”. I think that the fashion industry needs to think more about sustainability, reuse and not waisting resources. It maybe sounds boring, but in the future > I hope I can be a small part of making it fun!
Filemon Kid's Sara
You can shop Filemon Kid’s AW13 collection at Orange Mayonnaise.
For the original post, see Les Enfants a Paris BLOG !

Geen opmerkingen: